August Favourites 2013

3 September 2013


Top - Bourjois Color Boost in Peach on the Beach, Middle - MUA Power Pout in Irreplaceable, Bottom - Maybelline Baby Lips - Pink Punch 


I have been obsessed with pink and peach lip colours throughout the month of August because they are super summery and really compliment that summer glow! I found out about the Bourjois Color Boost lipsticks through beauty bloggers and youtubers and I instantly fell in love with the shade Peach on the Beach. It's such a gorgeous coral colour and I feel that it is the perfect peach for all skintones. Before I bought it I was worried that it would be too light, however, it looks great on.

The MUA Power Pout is a similar product and I have been wearing this like crazy recently, that's why all the writing has been rubbed off from the lipstick! It's in the shade Irreplaceable which is a dark pink/fuchsia, and is perfect for summer evenings. The shade is build-able, you can wear it like a lip balm which gives a pink tint or wear a couple of layers and it turns into a bright fuchsia lipstick! Both of these lipsticks have the right amount of gloss and feel very light on the lips.  



The SunTint Bronzing Pearls by Natural Collection are a summer essential and I use this product as a blusher, because it is bronzing as well as highlighting. And it's super cheap at £1.99! I have it in the shade Sahara Sun. 

The Face Form Contouring and Blush Palette by Sleek is a staple product and I use this everyday. This is in my August favourites because I absolutely love the highlighter, it has a gold shade to it and stays on the face all day. I wear it on top of my cheekbones and it really makes a big difference to my whole face, it adds a summery glow and completes the make-up look. 


 Lastly, this my absolute favourite summer scent by Soap & Glory. It's the Original Pink perfume with top notes of orange leaf, lemon, peach and strawberries, middle notes of mandarin, summer rose, gardenia blooms and jasmine, and a base of patchouli, warm amber and musk. It is a fruity, fresh and sweet scent and is quite strong as soon you wear it but then slowly fades into a light musky scent. 

Have you tried any of these products? What do you think of them? 

Comments

  1. Nice blog! I've been wanting to try out the sleek products but they aren't available where i live. That highlight color looks stunning.

    Now following you on bloglovin!


    biffsquiggled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bee :) Hopefully they start to deliver around the world soon, there are soo many products I want to try out from America. Thank you for the follow, I followed you back! x

      Delete
  2. Great post (I'm getting my hands on that S&G perfume! :) and I also love the look of the 'baby lips' would you say these are quite moisturising too?

    Lovely blog by the way looking forward to more posts :)

    I've nominated you for a 'Liebster Award'
    Rinica x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and you'll love the perfume :) I just realised I totally forgot to talk about the baby lips in this lol, but it's definitely moisturising and has a nice pink tint to it. I expected it to be more pigmented, but it doesn't look as good on my lips as it does when swatched, which is on my arm. But if you're looking for a good lip balm that moisturises then you should definitely try it out.
      Thanks so much and I'll be getting my post out soon.

      Hafsah x

      Delete
  3. A lovely bunch of favourites! I've heard so much about 'Peach on the beach' and I so want to get my hands on it, but unless it gets reduced majorly in the next few weeks, i'll have to wait as I can't splurge due to commuting costs >_< (defo on my wishlist though!) I adore the MUA power pouts! They're so easy to just slip into your handbag and pop on throughout the day :)
    Also agree with you about the face form kit! The contour is FANTASTIC like not too red/orange at all, and yesss that highlighter is gorgeous *_*
    The Blushing Giraffe | A New UK Beauty Blog
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I wasn't planning on getting the lipstick but I saw the Bourjois 3 for 2 offer and just gave in! Yeah the MUA power pouts are great, I have two more shades and I really didn't expect them to be as good as they are! Yep the contours perfect, I always tend to go overboard with that so luckily it's not too orange haha.
      Thanks for the follow :D
      xx

      Delete
  4. Awesome picks! I really like Bourjois Colour Boost - I have the Orange Punch shade, which really looks like a peachy shade, but becomes more orange thicker you apply it - so nice. I also really would like to try the Maybelline Baby Lips :)

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award also :) If you would like to take part, give the link below a click and it'll take you to my post, where everything you need to know will be!

    xoxo

    http://greensapphir.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) Orange Punch looked great but I had to restrain myself from buying all 4 shades haha. Yep the baby lips are great, I'm definitely going to try some more.
      Thanks so much for the nomination, I've already done a Liebster Award post but I will try to answer your questions in another post!
      Hafsah
      x

      Delete
  5. I love the bourjois colour boost lip crayons too they are so moisturising and the colour range is amazing!! Love your blog so nice I will follow!

    Lyndsey at http://ellelaww.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep they're amazing, I need to stop myself wearing them everyday now! Thanks so much for the comment and follow :) xx

      Delete