Summer scents!

9 September 2012


The weather has been amazing this weekend so I've been using my summery products a bit more to celebrate that summer has returned! Woohoo!! I use fruity and generally nice smelling products all year round, but I like to use them more in summer, and weirdly when it's really cold, so I am reminded of the good sunny times lol. 
The key to smelling amazing is layering. My everyday body wash is the Soap and Glory Clean on Me clarifying body wash, and it is heavenly using it in the shower and best of all the smell lasts all day! All the other products I 'layer' with are featured in this post and they smell YUM!



This body butter smells delicious, I feel like a walking papaya! It's so tropical and is my favourite out of all the Body Shop body butters. I bought it in the half price sale so it was £6 but I'd happily pay the full amount because it's a gorgeous product. It also really enhances the smell of my body wash. 

  

Sun protection cream is extremely important and I sometimes burn so I make sure I use SPF 15 on all sunny days. This is the best sun cream I have ever used, it's the Hawaiian Tropic Silk hydration cream, and it has moisturising ribbons. It sinks into your skin and is not greasy at all. And it smells amaaazing, really coconuty and tropical. 


These body splashes are from H&M and they were £2.99 each. The pinky one is passionflower and frangipani, the orange is tangerine, and they are both shimmery!! I normally use the Natural Collection Body sprays but they don't have any light girly scents. They have the wild strawberry one but it can be slightly overpowering at times. Anyway, these are so refreshing and perfect to spritz on any time of the day or night. When I first sprayed them on my skin it was a bit sticky and it took about a minute to dry and I think that's because they have castor oil in them. 


The name of this hand cream just says it all; Tropical Blooms nourishing hand cream. It's a really floral smelling cream and really moisturising and again it's not greasy at all, which is always good because no one like sweaty palms and especially not in the heat. 


I also got this from H&M, and I have to say they have started to do really nice body products; I feel like buying the whole section because their packaging is so funky and eye-catching. This is a pen sized mini perfume and it was £1.50 and it's just so cute! Again it smells divine, I want to eat myself whenever I wear it  lol and it's great to throw in your bag if you're on the go. And you can't get more exotic than guava so it is a great buy. I have only used this once since I have bought it and that's only because I don't want it to finish :( I haven't taken it out with me because I cannot control myself when it comes to gorgeous smells and I would probably use this up in a matter of hours lol. 

What are your favourite scented products?

xx

Comments

  1. Them body splashes from H&M look appealing, I might go in and have a look to see if they still do them, with summer just around the corner as well, they might come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, H&M knows how to lure people in with their colourful products, it's so hard not to buy all the summery things!

      Delete